Online Drumming Lessons – 5 Things You MUST Remember!
If you’re considering learning to play the drums via online drummin lessons, you’re not alone! The internet has become the preferred resource of drum lessons for a growing number of new drum students and seasoned pros alike.
When deciding between traditional and online drumming lessons, please remember the following 5 things:
- Traditional lessons provide valuable, real-time, one-on-one instruction from your teacher, but are usually very brief (30 minutes to an hour), after which time you’re left to your own devices, until your next session.
- Online drumming lessons lack the individual support you get with traditional lessons. For example, your computer can’t physically wrap your fingers around your drum sticks to show you proper grip technique. However, online lessons do allow you to review the skill over and over (without your session ever expiring) until it becomes second nature to you.
- Traditional drum instruction is limited to demonstrative teaching. Online drumming lessons include text, graphics, mp3 audio files, animation, and sheet music, as well as live demonstration from a world-class drum teacher.
- basic drum lessons singapore
- Traditional drum lessons occur at a set location, at a specific time, for as long as agreed upon (usually no longer than an hour). When you learn to drum online, you can take your lessons where you want, when you want, as often as you want, for as long as you want.
- With traditional lessons, you can expect to pay between $15 and $30 per lesson. When I took lessons this way, I took 3 lessons a week @ $30 each. It cost me over $2000 for 6 months. Now I take online drumming lessons and my tuition is paid in full! How much did it cost me? UNDER 50 BUCKS!
In my opinion, online drumming lessons are definitely the way to go. Any ambitious drummer who learns this way will become far more skillful in a much shorter period of time than one who learns via traditional drum instruction.